Privacy notice statement
Investindustrial Acquisition Corp. (or one of its affiliates, as appropriate) (Investindustrial Acquisition and ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘we’) respects your privacy and processes your personal data as a data controller in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This Privacy Notice explains why and how we may use, process and store your personal data. If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal data, or this Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.
What personal data we may collect and use
Depending on the context of your interactions with us, the categories of personal data that we may collect and use includes:
- unique identifiers and contact details (e.g., name, email address, postal address, job title, phone number, fax number and government issued identification (such as a passport numbers));
- demographic information (e.g., date of birth, nationality, gender and marital status); and
Depending on the context, we may collect or obtain your personal data from the following sources:
- directly from you (including where you use or complete forms on our website); and
- persons and representatives acting on your behalf.
How we use personal data
We will use your personal data in the following ways and on the following legal bases:
To administer your investment or potential investment.
Legal requirement or contractual necessity
To keep a record of your relationship with us.
To verify your identity.
Legal requirement and legitimate interest
Fraud and abuse prevention.
Legal requirement and legitimate interest
To administer and protect our business and this website.
We may process your personal data on more than one legal basis depending on the specific purposes for which we are using it.
Failure on your part to provide to provide your personal data where required due to a legal requirement or in order for us to perform our obligations towards you, may mean that we would be unable to comply with such requirements or perform such obligations.
No automated decision-making, including profiling, is used when processing your personal information.
Retention of your personal data
Investindustrial Acquisition may store your personal data only for as long as it is necessary or required in order to fulfill the purposes set out above, unless a longer retention period is required by law. For further information about how long we will keep your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure and transfers of personal data
We do not sell your personal data. Investindustrial Acquisition may only transfer to, or share your personal data with, our affiliates, legal and professional advisors, other business partners and certain third party vendors and service providers, including data hosting providers, as necessary to fulfil the purposes as mentioned above. We make sure anyone who provides a service to, or for us, enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. To the extent we transfer your personal data to another jurisdiction, such transfer will only be made in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, including the GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018, as applicable, where personal data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area or the UK. For further information about the safeguards used, please contact email@example.com.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data as required by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator, national security, for the purposes of public importance or any other legal or investigatory process involving Investindustrial Acquisition. Should we, or any of our affiliates, be the subject of a takeover, divestment, acquisition or other corporate transaction, we may disclose your personal data to the new owner of the relevant business and their advisors.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Investindustrial Acquisition maintains appropriate technical, organizational and physical measures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage to personal data. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights over your personal data
Your rights as regards your personal data include the following:
- to review and to obtain copies of your personal data that we process,
- to correct your personal data as processed by us,
- to request the deletion of your personal data from our systems (please note that this may not always be possible due to legal obligations);
- to object to our processing of your personal data;
- to restrict our processing of your personal data, (other than storing it), if: (i) you contest the accuracy of it (until the accuracy is verified); (ii) you believe the processing is against the law; (iii) you believe that we no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, but you still need your data to establish or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you object to the processing, and we are verifying whether our legitimate grounds to process your personal information, override your own rights;
- to ask us to transfer your personal data to another organization (where certain conditions are satisfied),
- to submit a complaint with a supervisory authority relating to our processing of your personal data (see further information under ‘complaints’ below),
- to withdraw your consent, if you previously gave us your consent to allow us to process your personal data for a particular purpose, but you no longer wish to consent to us doing so.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
To exercise these rights and controls, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and updates
Investindustrial Acquisition may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We advise you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to be informed of how Investindustrial Acquisition is protecting your privacy. If at any point we make any material changes in the way we collect, use and/or share the personal data you have provided, we will endeavour to notify you.
If you have any questions or concerns with respect to this Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.
Should you wish to lodge a complaint with regards to how your personal information has been processed by Investindustrial Acquisition, please contact your local supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office - https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us.